Thursday, February 17, 2011

What To Buy During The Valentines Day Clearance Sales


I love deals and buying things to use in the future. So, After the kids were off to school on Tuesday I headed out to see what I could find in the Valentines day clearance sales - there are so many great buys and ways to use these deals beyond Valentines day.


I went to Target, Walgreen's , Fred Meyers and Big Lots – try your local Big Box stores, Drug Stores and grocery stores even department stores for more great clearance deals.


Here is what I found and what to look for:


1. Gift Wrap – perfect for to wrapping any upcoming birthday party gifts. You can pick up wrapping paper, tissue paper, gift bags , party bags etc


2. Groceries- I found Valentine funfetti Pillsbury Brownie Mix – it can be used with out the Valentine sprinkles in the future. Look for other groceries that are now being cleared out because they had a Valentine them to them that you can use still cake mixes, snack foods etc.


3. Paper goods – Valentine theme ones for next year, or non heart ones and solid colors for upcoming birthdays, mothers day, for 4th of July and Christmas.



4. Baking items - from Pans to cupcake holders. I found: Cake Sprinkles for decorating cakes, cookies and cupcakes year round and a Heart shaped pan that I can use next Valentines day or for my teen daughters to use when making their friends Brownie pizzas or BIG cookies.


5. Table ware - Table cloths, runners, decorations, cups, glasses, serving bowls etc. I found Place mats that I will use next year during the month of February. Look for solid colors for year round use.


6. Decorations - Wreaths, signs, candles, holders etc. These can be put away for next Valentines day or possibly used for 4th of July of Christmas if appropriate.


7. Frames - Buy them in Solid colors red and pink for use around the house or other holidays 4th of July , Easter, Christmas or next Valentines day.


8. Easter – Purchase Clarence candy and toys to use i your child's Easter basket and as plastic egg fillers.


9. Operation Christmas Child – A perfect time to find deals on items you can use next fall when filling your Operations Christmas Child show boxes . Stuffed bears, toys etc.


10. Don't Forget - t Craft items and Next years valentines Gifts, and class mate exchanges.




No comments:

Post a Comment